Running a Successful Business
WHY IT WORKS
We have some of the highest payouts, lowest fees, and best customer service in the industry and as a result, our representatives are empowered with a unique freedom of choice while we provide the essential resources needed (without unnecessary mandates!) to run a successful practice. Our home office team knows the ins and outs of this independent business model, and we respect the work you do for your clients every day.
FAIR, TRANSPARENT, COMPETITIVE
One of the greatest advantages to registering with Packerland is that we don’t play games with your money. Our compensation package applies to everyone: no special arrangements, no adjustments based on products sold.
High Payout COMMISSIONS
You’ll be paid weekly at some of the most competitive rates in the industry, and you’ll have the opportunity to advance levels on the grid faster than the competition.
TEAM-BASED OVERRIDE COMMISSION
Our streamlined override program allows you to earn income by adding value to other Packerland registered representatives. In the true spirit of independence, you and each representative you support determine the override amount and duration. You may earn—and reward—override income with any number of teammates as long as both representatives are registered with Packerland, know our compensation structure, and sign an agreement stipulating the override amount to be paid.
See an increase in your grid if a qualified representative joins your branch, or, refer a qualified representative and receive a bonus if they successfully join Packerland.
OFFICE OF SUPERVISORY JURISDICTION (OSJ)
You may see the value in working out of an office and teaming up with other representatives in a single location. We have developed options to apply the entire group’s total production to our commission grid in order to set the payout rate for the group. If you’re a natural recruiter and have the experience and licenses, consider becoming an Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction (OSJ) where you have even greater control over the compensation of your group.
MINIMAL EXPENSES AND LOW FEE STRUCTURE
Schedule time with Scott Zwierzynski to help you create a side-by-side fee structure comparison. You'll find ours to be minimal!
no mandated technology or monthly fees
In the constantly evolving world of technology, we work hard to provide the latest and greatest. Packerland has built a comprehensive technology platform from the ground up in order to integrate as many software capabilities as possible to empower your success. You’re not truly independent if you don’t have a choice of which systems to use, so we provide discounted access to a variety of the best technology available with no mandated programs or monthly fees.
You have a choice among vendors that provide client relationship management (CRM) data systems; form-filling software; lead tracking, marketing, and contact/list management tools; sales forecasting; one‐stop client account information; compliance‐friendly marketing materials, production capabilities, turn‐key direct mail service, and website design and hosting; investment research; and financial planning tools—just to name a few.
Packerland provides an a la carte structure to ensure you only pay for tools you will use in your practice. Our more popular tools:
- Data-feed services, such as DST Vision or Pro
- Account-opening services, such as LaserApp and DocuSign
- Client relationship databases, such as RedTail or Smart Office
- Client interface services, such as DST Pro, E-Money, or MOmentum Client
- Financial planning tools, such as E-Money
These are some of the more popular tools for your consideration.
Making Compliance Simpler
We understand you have your own sales presentation, which is why our compliance procedures are streamlined for fast turnaround—typically 24-48 hours. You need to hit the ground running after transitioning to a new firm, and we need to support you. We get it. Our regulatory guidance is designed to protect you. We provide comprehensive training on policies and in-house procedures so submitting requests is fast and easy. Our trained professionals have in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of all federal and state regulations, as well as the resources to respond accurately and quickly to your questions and submitted materials.
- Clear guidance on operational requirements
- Compliance approval for business cards, letterhead, marketing materials, notice to clients, and any other materials you need
- Assistance with registration materials
- Guidance with Broker-Dealer changes and ACAT transfers
- Help obtaining licenses in additional states where you do business
- Assistance and support for regulatory inquiries
- Ensuring FINRA and SEC compliance standards are met without imposing undue demands
- Variable company appointment paperwork
- Ongoing continuing education
- Annual Compliance Meeting and Firm Element/AML requirements
Products and Services
WHAT YOU NEED AND EXPECT
Packerland offers a wide range of products and provide fast, efficient service so you can give your clients what they need. Expect fast, accurate processing for business submissions as well as immediate notification of any issue. We require as few forms as possible. All business submitted is handled with care, so nothing slips through the cracks. Recognizing that your practice may consist exclusively, or as a combination of, direct business, brokerage accounts, or fee-based planning, we have an extensive number of selling agreements so you’re not limited in your client recommendations. You’ll find an expansive product list to help facilitate a smooth transition to our firm, providing the essential building blocks to maintain your standard of client service.
AVAILABLE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Brokerage Services
- College Savings Plans
- Fee-based Financial Planning
- Mutual Funds
- Separately Managed Accounts
- Third-party Money Managers
- Trust Services
- Variable Annuities
- Variable Life
- Wrap-fee programs
- 401k/Retirement Plans
For a full list of product partners, schedule time with Scott Zwierzynski.
pEACE OF MIND
We connect representatives with one another for succession, acquisition, continuity, and business planning. Our business model requires no money down from the buyer or seller. Our experienced team will support your future and the growth of your business.
Communication is King
SIMPLY PUT, IF YOU DON'T SUCCEED, WE DON'T SUCCEED.
It's in everyone's best interest to work together to make your business the best it can be. Our entire company and team is purposefully and thoughtfully structured to provide you the support you need to run your own successful business. Give us a call and you'll see how fast you can reach someone, even a member of our leadership team (no queues or automated assistants here!). Our resourceful and personable staff know you by name, not rep number. We will reach out regularly to notify you of any upcoming events that might benefit your business, both internally at Packerland and within the industry at large.
One Size Does Not Fit All
Packerland is just different. Here's a reminder of why you should work with us.
- We have run a strong business since 1994. We are independently owned and not held by a parent company.
- We don't mandate unnecessary expenditures nor is our business model made up of bells and whistles, but we do provide a high payout and have low fees. Awesome side effect: representatives have choices on their business decisions!
- Representatives have the freedom to invest in their unique businesses as they see fit.
- Our same-day processing policy proves your business is our priority.
- You always know where you stand thanks to our transparency.
- Our Compliance team is here to help you succeed, not to just say “no.”
- We have a dedicated team solely responsible for succession planning and practice management support.
- We support all of our representatives regardless of GDC level – our business model welcomes representatives with a $20,000–150,000 GDC practice, which is often overlooked in this industry.
I transferred to Packerland from another firm more then 12 years ago, and it was the best move I ever made. My business focus has been on 401(k) plans, and with all the changes that have happened in that industry, I have found Packerland to be very helpful and supportive with my business every step of the way. Packerland will be my Broker-Dealer for the rest of my career.