Our Focus is Always on You
Transition takes work: you know it and we know it. But our job is to give you as much support as possible to ensure your transition to Packerland is efficient and comfortable. Since 1994, we’ve been transitioning, supporting, and providing recommendations to financial professionals. Every new representative that joins Packerland has a dedicated transition specialist. They will work diligently together to seamlessly establish you as a Packerland representative, including moving your book of business so you can continue to focus on what's most important: your clients – strengthening your relationships with them, servicing their financial needs, and communicating the benefits of your transition.
STAGE 1: PRE-REGISTRATION
Approval typically takes 3–5 business days after receiving authorization and production documentation. We will discuss with you the estimate of onboarding fees along with the following items specific to your business: marketing and branding, credentials, office staff, product mix, technology, affiliation with a bank or credit union, and non-compete and privacy-policy limitations with your current broker-dealer.
Stage 2: Meet the Team
Packerland’s experienced transition team prepares you for a successful move. Before making the switch, you will connect with a Transition Specialist who will be active in your transition on technology, direct business, operations, commissions, compliance, and licensing.
STAGE 3: OnBoarding
We are ready to kick-off an efficient, seamless transition for you and your business! From day one, your Transition Specialist and each department will assist in the following transition procedures to establish you as a Packerland representative: licensing, technology, direct business, brokerage operations, compliance, and commissions.
1. HOLD A CONFERENCE CALL WITH YOUR DEDICATED TRANSITION SPECIALIST AND CONSIDER A TRANSITION DATE BASED UPON VARIOUS FACTORS:
- Fees due at your current broker-dealer
- Current and future business in process
- Future trails and their anticipated dates
- Unpaid pending commissions
2. review the appropriate forms for your transition:
- Packerland Customer Account Form
- Broker-Dealer Transfer Form
- Any Hilltop-related paperwork Account Applications
- ACAT Forms
- Additional forms applicable to your transition
3. TAKE STOCK OF YOUR CURRENT CLIENT DATA:
- Current storage state
- Physical folders
- Digital storage or cloud
- Portable media such as excel
- Review the process to help you pre-fill most efficiently the necessary forms for your onboarding date.
4. COMMUNICATE WITH CLIENTS TO GATHER INFORMATION YOU MAY NOT ALREADY HAVE, SUCH AS THEIR DRIVER’S LICENSE NUMBER.
5. WORK WITH THE LICENSING DEPARTMENT ON REGISTRATION PAPERWORK AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Registration packet
- Electronic U4
- Onboarding fees
- Annuity appointments for applicable carriers
6. pROVIDE THE COMPLIANCE TEAM ACCESS TO YOUR MARKETING MATERIALS FOR REVIEW – BUSINESS CARDS, LETTERHEAD, WEBSITE, ETC.
7. WORK WITH YOUR TRANSITION SPECIALIST ON HOW TO SUBMIT BUSINESS.
8. REVIEW ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR SUPPORT:
- Learn how to use technology to improve your practice.
- Find out how the Sales Department can enhance your practice.
9. HOLD A CALL WITH RECRUITING TO ENSURE ALL ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED LEADING UP TO TRANSFER DAY.
10. SEND ALL TRANSFER FORMS TO YOUR CLIENTS FOR SIGNATURE
Ask Us Anything
If you have questions that aren't answered here, don't hesitate to schedule time with Scott Zwierzynski to discuss your specific business needs and what we can do for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO TRANSFER MY LICENSES TO PACKERLAND ONCE I RESIGN FROM MY CURRENT BROKER-DEALER?
Typically, the transfer occurs over a few hours.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU PAY COMMISSIONS?
Weekly. If we receive a commission in good order by Wednesday, 12 p.m. Central, it will be in your checking account on Friday.
CAN I USE A DBA NAME?
Absolutely! Packerland is a big proponent of enabling advisers to build their own brand.
WHAT IS THE STANDARD ACCOUNT TRANSFER TURNAROUND TIME?
Timing varies based upon the nature of the account being transferred. For example, ACATS from other clearing firms typically take 5 - 7 days. As a part of the transition process, our team will work with you to prepare for account transfers before joining Packerland.
CAN I COMPLETE FORMS ONLINE?
Yes. Through either fillable PDF or Laser App, along with DocuSign.
DOES PACKERLAND OFFER E&O INSURANCE?
Yes. All Packerland representatives participate in the company-wide Error and Omissions insurance policy.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY BUSINESS?
Packerland accepts email, fax, postal, parcel, and DocuSign delivery.
WHAT TECHNOLOGY IS AVAILABLE?
Packerland respects that there are many technology solutions and we don't believe our advisers would enjoy a one-size-fits-all model; therefore, we promote an a la carte strategy to ensure you have the tools to meet your needs. To learn more about technology, visit our Run Your Business, or schedule time with Scott Zwierzynski.
ARE CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS ALLOWED?
Yes. This is accomplished mostly through DST Vision and other approved data aggregation resources. We will work with you to find a compliant solution.
DO YOU HAVE A SUCCESSION PLANNING PROGRAM?
Yes. We provide our advisers access to a low-cost turn-key process that has proven successful for other Packerland representatives.
DO YOU HAVE AN ENCRYPTION METHOD FOR REPS TO USE?
Yes, and it is simple to use and is integrated within our webmail system.
IS THERE A REQUIREMENT TO USE PARTICULAR TYPES OF CLIENT DATABASE OR FINANCIAL PLANNING OR OTHER SOFTWARE?
While we will ask to vet your process through our Compliance Department to ensure you are safekeeping the appropriate data, there are no strict requirements.
WHAT WRAP ACCOUNT(S) DO YOU HAVE ON THE PLATFORM?
Multiple solutions here. If you are not inclined to charging a client a management fee AND ticket charge, we have an excellent solution for you.
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE PACKERLAND CULTURE?
Rep-centric. We can say this because we are a privately-held corporation with half of our board members being Registered Representatives themselves. This means we are free of the complications that revolve around having an insurance parent company, and the disconnect that occurs when leadership has no sense of what it is like to sit down with a client. The Board of Directors has established a very friendly culture, and it has remained that way since its inception in 1994.
WHEN CAN I PRESENT THE PACKERLAND FORMS TO MY CLIENTS FOR THEIR SIGNATURE?
When you present the forms to your clients for review, you are holding yourself out as a registered representative of Packerland Brokerage Services. Because of this, you must wait until you are registered with us.
I have been with Packerland since 1995 and value our relationship that allows me to operate and grow my business based upon my model, not some rigid corporate structure. This is the Broker-Dealer to be with if you truly seek independence.